Friday, January 27, 2012

Hows this for baby-steps

I THINK we have taken a itsy bitsy teny weeny step forward.  Last night Hawk and I were snuggling in bed and he asked again..."whats on your mind????"  

I decided to ask him a very straight forward question. 

I asked him (after a lot of encouragement to just say whats on my mind)
 "Are you completely against using Domestic Discipline in our marriage, OR was the problem the way I approached you about it" 

He didn't even pause or blink...
"It was your approach.  I don't have any problems with DD or with spanking your butt"

To say I was nervous about what his reaction or response to that question would be is a complete understatement.  I was totally terrified that he would react very negatively to my question.  the last conversation we had about it 2 months ago was not good, not good at all.

When he answered me like that, I literally burst in to tears.  i cried, He just held me., told me it was ok, and waited for me to calm down so we could talk..eventually, I was able to pull it together.  I told him how sorry i was for messing it all up, and could we just talk about it for awhile, and then maybe eventually we would try it??? We Talked, we have alot more to talk about .... He didn't say Yes, but he didn't say No either.

 One step forward...

4 comments:

  1. WOW! That's no baby step, that's a giant leap. That's great! I hope you have some good talks this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Sometimes time is what everyone needs to process. This is a big step forward - keep the lines of communication open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow!!! How awesome for you both! *happy dance* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Susie, that's a HUGE step, not a baby step! Now, if it was me, my next struggle would be not getting too excited and pushing too much again. ;)

    ReplyDelete